Thursday 12 January 2012

I don't really think this will stick around

I love coming home at early hours of the morning. The idea that the world is just starting to wake up, while I've not even gone to bed seems somehow romantic to me. I love the chill of the morning air, and the first few birds beginning to call. I love the early morning smells and the echo my footsteps make against the otherwise almost-silent hour. It's my favourite time of day. The sun is almost rising, but the streetlights are still on, and the few drivers around are still using their headlights. I've always loved it. I guess a lot of that has to do with the solitude it affords me. I don't mind being alone, I enjoy my own company.

This is short and poorly written and I know that, but  I'm operating on only a few hours sleep and I don't really know what else to say.

Keep dreaming,
Emmylou

No comments:

Post a Comment